It kinda depends on you though.
Oh. My Word.
It blows my mind how much this album means to you still. If we do this - and I really wasn't sure if there was appetite for this, you have proved me wrong - we are looking at a venue with the following:
- it will be seated because Nana here is also totally over standing at gigs
- it will also be numbered seating I think
- it will be an accessible venue and we will endeavour to make sure that those who need it have the right seats/wheelchair spots etc
- it will be somewhere proper. I'm not sure I'll ever get to do this kind of thing again so I plan on doing it somewhere I can wear one hell of a frock (or even many frocks) and we can do a section of the show where the lights go down and we have a disco ball and it's all theatrical and stuff. (I don't even know what I mean by this but hopefully I'll figure it out by the time I get on stage.)
- we will keep tickets prices as low as possible but please bear in mind that there will be a full band and string section. But don't worry, it won't be anything like the prices all these cheeky chancers charge these days. I just need to make sure that all the musicians, crew and staff etc get paid fairly.
- I love every part of the United Kingdom but sadly it is simply not financially or logistically viable for me to tour this show or do it in a city that isn't London because of travel and hotel costs. I know, I know - I really know, because I don't even live in London! Please forgive me, and really don't take it personally other parts of the UK.
I'm not being lazy but I'm going to cut'n'paste this across the socials because I've been trying valiantly to curtail my time on the old internet and if I start replying properly, you know me, I'll write a blooming essay. I will try and catch up with all messages over the next few weeks, but I have a liner notes deadline, a couple of songs I need to finish for something and my mum-in-law arrives tonight and I haven't hoovered the spare room yet.
I will try to heart every single one of your messages and comments so you know I have seen them. I don't want to get all emotional again but the last 24 hours of all your feedback have made a middle aged mum feel a bit more special than usual on the school run. Thank you one and all.
Now if I go and press the button on this, you lot better show up!
All my love
I don't think I'm alone in saying that is was Fires that brought me to the Nerina party so I will absolutely be there with bells on. Well, maybe not *actual* bells...
My wife and I would totally love to be there but with London being quite a distance from North Yorkshire, it's a promise I can't make...but we'll try.
As a veteran fan since DFS and Patience was on the radio, a celebration gig sounds a good idea.
Shame London is always picked by artists though as for me travelling from the North East becomes an expensive trip.
Best of luck with all you're planning.
Definitely. But as someone who will be sixty next year, will there be chairs?
As long as it is a weekend (like you said above) I will fly down for you! BA can take my money.... "Fires" live ? In it's entirety? Hell yea! A string section, how lush! Make the tickets as dear as you want! I've paid questionable sums for people who don't inspire me the way you do!! X
I will literally fly from the US to attend this gig. And I’ll bring friends.
There needs to be a choice of "If I didn't live in the states and wasn't so poor I'd fly over in a flash and make the wife come along" cuz you don't suck, not a bit. But you forgot that one and if I do win the lottery do save me two tickets. I mean the guy in North Yorkshire I feel ya but Tampa Bay area of Florida? I have you beat. Now if you drove to Idaho for real that'd be a domestic flight for me and might be do-able.
Oh goodness yes!! Fires all the way, all the way thru, all day!
OK, maybe not all day but yes please?! There's always such a swell at gigs when you bring out Sophia.
Idaho was how I found you as I was clearing the melee after School Shoes Season at Clarks.
Fires gave my now-husband and I something to discuss a love of on our first date (thinking we already knew each other as Uni mates)
I'll bring him at least!!
Your gig at Chalk in Brighton was our first foray out after the lockdowns.
Please do Fires
Nerina, I would love to see you live more than anything, to celebrate such a momentous occasion, but I live in Australia and the options on your poll did not let me enter an answer of, I would absolutely be there if I was in the country.
Would absolutely love to hear it but I want a venue where I can get a numbered seat so that I can relax before the show!!
Don't go to that many gigs these days but for "Fires" oh my yes,yes and bloody yes ! Many songs on "Fires" and of Nerinas mean the world ! Might even bring Mrs Kevlarino or a chum ( offers of friendship excepted)
Feeling slightly excited at the thought 😆 xx
Fires was one of the most unique and beautiful albums of its time; and you reproduced the same admiration 17 years later with I Don’t Know…. Thank you! As to special birthdays - yes of course you should mark and celebrate it, be brave and create memories, you won’t regret it!!
Pre booked tickets with option for your cancellation if ticket sales don't cover expected costs.
Personally I wouldn't miss a fully orchestrated "Fires" or "Hunter" for the world. But please make sure you insure yourself against losses - invite Elton?
Much though I would love to see you play live again London doesn't really work for me as I live in the North of England!
So maybe instead of a one off gig you could do an anniversary tour?
A definite yes from Janet and I ... Ellie might well come too ... so with Andy and Wolf they'll be at least 6 of us ;-)